Tuesday, May 22, 2012

August Dates to Save

I have a couple of programs I've scheduled for August so I'll throw these in here as a "save the date" message. More details will follow as we get closer.

On Tuesday, August 14 I'll have a Pork Quality Assurance (PQA) Plus and Site Self-Assessment Training program. This will be held at the Clinton County Extension Office, 1111 South Jackson Street in Frankfort from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The first hour will cover PQA Plus, the second hour will be for the site self-assessment training and test. Keep in mind if you know of someone who will be going to college to work in a swine unit or if you have a youth member age 14 or older who markets 10 or more pigs, they will probably need PQA Plus certification.

I've scheduled two programs for Wednesday, August 29 at the Clinton County Fairgrounds. In the morning from 10:30 to Noon, Craig Dobbins from the Purdue Ag Economics Department will be on hand to discuss Indiana Land Values and Cash Rents, including information based on the 2012 Indiana Land Values and Cash Rents Survey results, which should be available by this meeting. From 1-3 p.m. we'll have a Private Applicator Recertification Program (PARP). I don't know the precise topic for this but Fred Whitford from Purdue Pesticide Programs will be the main presenter so I'm sure it will be good. I'm working on finding a lunch sponsor for this day so hopefully we'll have a meal for attendees. EDIT: Just received a call from The Farmers Bank and they will be sponsoring lunch for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment