Friday, November 18, 2011

Clinton County Farm Emergency Planning

For the past 8 months I have been working with Clinton County Central Dispatch and Fire Chiefs on developing a Farm Emergency Plan Program which would be usable by Emergency Responders on a real-time basis if they were called out to an emergency. We are looking at providing Central Dispatch with a GIS-based Farmstead map and some additional information which would be on the Central Dispatch computer system as well in every emergency vehicle in the county. With this program we believe we will be able to more quickly and effectively respond to farm emergencies and improve the safety for Responders.

I believe we are ready to roll this out over the winter. I have developed a web page with much more detail about this. The link to this is at the bottom of this post. Developing a detailed farm emergency plan is a good idea in and of itself and there may be some financial benefits as well. I encourage you to take a look at the web page and associated information, including a sample plan, and contact me if you have any questions or are interested in developing a plan.

Clinton County Farm Emergency Planning Page

It should be clear but just in case I'll add that I'll only be working on this for Clinton County, Indiana farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment